Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mexican Chicken

Mexican Chicken


This chicken recipe is really a starter for several other recipes I make...quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, really anything "Mexican" that you can add chicken to. It's also great with plain white or brown rice.

It's basic, it's yummy, it's quick, and best of all, it's FAST & EASY!!

What you need:


-Chicken 
-Taco Seasoning
-Oil
-Skillet

Start by sprinkling the taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts. (As a side note: I use a plastic cutting board when doing anything with chicken, so I can put it in the dishwasher and sanitize it. Better to be safe than sorry!)


Then put a small amount oil in your pan and heat it over medium high heat. I use a cast iron skillet because it distributes the heat more evenly, but you can use a regular skillet and it works just fine.


Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. The chicken should cook about 5-6 minutes per side if it's fairly thin, but it can take longer depending on how thick the chicken pieces are. If you're not sure the chicken's done all the way through, cut into the thickest part and make sure there's no pink left.



Now it's just a matter of what I want to use my chicken for. A lot of times, I'll make this in bulk then freeze it. When I'm in the mood for Mexican, everything's pretty much done! 

This really seems too easy to call a "recipe", but for as simple as it is, it packs big flavor. Chicken is a staple in my house and let's be real...chicken can be REALLY boring! Which is how this "recipe" was born. 

Shred it and put it in tacos, or cube it and put it between two tortillas with some cheese in a skillet and presto! you have an amazing quesadilla! 

It's a great start to endless possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment